hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Need some clairification
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:24:50 GMT
@ Andrew:  Your HTable mock sounds interesting.  Do you think it
others would find it useful and if so, would you consider contributing
it?

@Imran, on 2.), James Kennedy and his cohort are working on making
THBase work w/ 0.89/0.90 hbase.  See their github repo for the latest
state.

St.Ack

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Andrew McCall
<andrew.mccall@goroam.net> wrote:

> On 19 Aug 2010, at 05:57, Imran M Yousuf wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need some clarification on the following issues -
>>
>> 1. TransactionalTable seems to be present in the current API docs,
>> does that mean it will be present in the course of 0.89 and continue
>> to 0.90?
>>
>> 2. Is there a way to start up a single node in memory HBase server
>> programatically? I want to do it from a JUnit class to use it from
>> within some tests. Where can I find some sample code in this regard?
>>

> I can't offer any insight on the first, but I encountered the same issues as you in the
second. In the end there wasn't anyway to bring a HBase instance up I felt was fast enough
to be useful in tests.

> I went with mock objects, which is probably better anyway since you shouldn't really
need to test the HBase code in your unit tests.

> I mocked HTable in my tests and just made sure I was putting what I expected for writes
and returned what I expected HBase to return for reads.