hbase-user mailing list archives

From HAN LIU <ha...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: CLASSPATH setup for HBase
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:57:07 GMT
Yes I exactly followed these instructions but still have the problem. I doubt the problem lies
somewhere in my cluster setup.
On Jul 21, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Stack wrote:

> This might help:
> http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.5/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/package-summary.html#classpath?
>
> St.Ack
>
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:03 PM, HAN LIU <hanl1@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I have been fighting with this problem for a while now. Every time I try to run a
mapreduce job I get the 'cannot find quorum server from zoo.cfg' error. It would be nice if
you can suggest me a way out of it.
>> Below is my setup:
>>
>> I am running HBase with 2 region servers. So in total there are three machines one
for master and two for region servers. I launch my mapreduce job from a 4th machine. The job
grabs data from somewhere in HDFS and insert them to an HTable created on the 3 machines for
HBase. I checked some resources and it seems that I need hbase-site.xml on my clients' CLASSPATH,
so I added 'export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=${HBSE_CONF_DIR}' to hadoop-env.sh but it didn't seem
to work. I also tried some other ways to add in classpaths but haven't got any luck so far.
In the end I have to hardcode the configuration into my java file to make it work, which is
very bad habit and makes my code much harder to maintain.