hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Avani" <agsha...@ebay.com>
Subject stargate response in binary format
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 01:38:54 GMT
Hi,

I want to get  binary output from HBase via stargate.

I used -H "Accept: application/octet-stream" format as described at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Stargate
However, my simple curl command comes back with 0 bytes.  What does this mean -" If the encoding
is binary, returns row, column, and timestamp in X headers: X-Row, X-Column, and X-Timestamp,
respectively". Am I missing  some initial setup for binary output to work?

I am doing this to avoid stripping headers from stargate's response, when integrating this
in C++ using libcurl.
Curl command looks like:

curl -H "Accept: application/octet-stream" http://localhost:8000/<table_name>/<row_id>

Thanks,