hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Looking for a sample mapreduce code that does bulk imports to HBase
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 20:20:27 GMT
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM, HAN LIU <hanl1@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am new to HBase. It's great to join this community with you people and I hope we can
all improve our hbase knowledge from each other. :)

Nice to meet you Han.

> So I have been trying to do bulk imports into HBase as described in http://hbase.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/package-summary.html#bulk
> I wonder if anyone has any sample codes to offer so that I can get an idea about how
this works.  And any advice would be really appreciated.

There is sample code in the unit test.  See TestHFileOutputFormat.

In the coming 0.90.0, the bulk import has been much improved.  You can
even bulk load into an online table.  See
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100621/bulk-loads.html

St.Ack