hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sean Bigdatafun <sean.bigdata...@gmail.com>
Subject Any successful story of an HBasecell for 'analytics job' plus 'realtime serving'?
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 21:42:09 GMT
I read a thread "Use cases of Hbase" in March archive, and several people
seemed to suggest that an HBase cell can be used as a mixed cell for data
crunching and online serving (i.e, using Hive Hbase client to do the
analytics part while serving live query, see
http://osdir.com/ml/hbase-user-hadoop-apache/2010-03/msg00299.html), did
someone really have such successful story? I am a little doubtful about that
idea.

Someone else also implied such use case "Since 0.20.0, results of analytic
computations over the data can be materialized and served out in real time

Can someone share the experience on such an option?

Thanks,
Sean