hbase-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase 0.89 and JDK version
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 04:27:43 GMT
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Jonathan Gray <jgray@facebook.com> wrote:
> You think it enough to also include u20 with u18 as not recommended?  I haven't heard
anything else about u20 but maybe there's more issues out there.

It happened to me, but that does not mean it is a widespread issue. I
feel that NoSQL pushes JVMs hard.  These type of JVM failures do not
end up in your log4j logs typically. I had completely overlooked JVM
and was trying to troubleshoot at a much higher level. Switching JVMs
can be as simple as moving some symlinks. While I do not believe
upgrading/downgrading JVM should be your first recourse for
troubleshooting you should consider it at some point.

For reference, sigsegv appears multiple times in the 21 bug fix info.
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/BugFixes6u21.html