hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase 0.89 and JDK version
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 23:26:44 GMT
u18 frequently sigsegvs on users (and then they wonder why region
servers are missing), and this is also true for Hadoop. u20 seems
stable but a lot of people still prefer u16.

J-D

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Syed Wasti <mdwasti@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We recently upgraded our QA cluster to Cloudera Version 3 (CDH3) which has Hbase 0.89.
Our cluster is running on JDK 1.6.0_18 version. On trying to start up Hbase it basically gives
an error “you're running jdk 1.6.0_18 which has known bugs” even though Pig and Hive seems
to work fine with the version of JDK.

> Any thoughts on why I am seeing this error ?
>
> If there is a bug in this JDK version then what is recommended, upgrading JDK to 19 or
20 or 21 (21 release this month) or downgrade the jdk version ?