hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Cockrill <jamie.cockr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem starting HBase Master for the first time, EOFException
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:39:31 GMT
Dear hbase-users,

Further to this, I've been doing a lot of kicking around with the
config and learned the following:

- You get the same error if a process is listening on that port, that
is not a HDFS namenode;
- Although my web front-end for my namenode is on port 50071, it seems
the namenode itself (i.e. anything that wants hdfs://) is listening on
50070.

Having changed my hbase-site.xml to point to 50070 it now seems to
have started working. Apologies if anyone has wasted any time looking
at it. This begs the question, why is my namenode web server  on a
different port, but I'll get to that another time.

Many thanks,

James