hbase-user mailing list archives

From N Kapshoo <nkaps...@gmail.com>
Subject transactional hbase
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:11:47 GMT
Hi,

I have a write API call that does 3 puts (2 puts  to one table and a
3rd put to a second table). How do I go about making sure that these
all happen or none happen at all?  In short, an atomic transaction.

I read up a little bit about the TransactionManager and that I need to
modify hbase-site.xml to make these TransactionalRegion Servers. Can
someone point me to some more info about the same? What versions, what
performance impacts etc? Are there some good urls that anyone can
share?

I am using HBase 0.20.3 at this time. I dont believe transactions are
supported in this version. If I were to go live and then decide to use
transactions later, how should I plan on an upgrade?

Thanks.