hbase-user mailing list archives

From Samuru Jackson <samurujack...@googlemail.com>
Subject Extending RegionServer for Indexing or using the Client?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:05:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently looking intensively into indexing for HBase. The Indexer
maintained on http://github.com/hbase-trx/hbase-transactional-tableindexed
extends the RegionServer and thus the client just defines the Index
and then adds one Put with the record towards HBase. The rest is taken
care on the Region side by the derived class.

What do you guys say - does it pay out to implement the Indexing (and
maybe some other opperations that result in a put) on the Region side
or rather create the Indexer "outside" HBase and then push for
instance two Puts() towards HBase? I saw that Lily is doing the
Client-Side way.

Thx for the great support!

/SJ