hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Advice for efficiently scanning for modified-since
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:34:53 GMT
This request has come up a few times now.  We should dev a soln (I've
made an issue to track it -- HBASE-2839).

You could try scanning whole table but my guess is this will prove too
slow -- if not now, then later when your table grows.

If results returned will be few, a scan that ran in parallel rather
than in series tripping over each table region might make sense.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1935 discusses this and
even has a patch though I'm sure it well stale at this point.

St.Ack