hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stargate retrieve multiple version of a cell
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 23:18:33 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

I am trying to store large time series data.  I am using a row as a
group for one hour's data.  My row contains 60 timestamps, and each
timestamp has various cell values.  I am hoping this will produce row
that is not  too thick and table that is slightly shorter.  I am fine
with none ordered versioning, as long as I get timestamp when data is
retrieved for the timestamp range.  When I scan for the cell, I only
get the most recent three versions of the cell.

This was tested on hbase 0.20.5, and hadoop 0.20.2.

regards,
Eric

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Jonathan Gray <jgray@facebook.com> wrote:
> What exactly are you trying to do with the timestamp?  Currently even duplicates are
retained and returned, but the order is not guaranteed (though we are working on this).

> The behavior is related only to time/order of operations, no difference if using different
clients (not including behavior from write buffering).