hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Zhang <zjf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: major differences with Cassandra
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 05:34:18 GMT
HBase do not have super column family.

And I can list the following major difference between hbase and cassandra (
welcome any supplement) :

1. HBase is master-slave architecture, while cassandra has no master, and
you can consider it as p2p structure, and it has no single point of failure.
2. HBase is strong consistency while cassandra is eventual consistency
(although you can tune it to be strong consistency)

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang