hbase-user mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <kkamb...@cs.purdue.edu>
Subject TableMapReduceUtil parallel puts to same row
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 06:17:19 GMT
Hi

I am experiencing a few problems with TableMapReduceUtil, where in only some
of the puts from the reduce are written to the output table. If I explicitly
write to the table from within reduce without using TableMapReduceUtil, all
the puts are written to the table.

In our application, multiple puts could be on the same row. In case two puts
are on the same key, our application requires both puts to be committed as
two different versions.

Am I missing something here? Is there a cleaner way to approach this issue?

Thanks for the help.

Karthik