hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: CLASSPATH setup for HBase
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:52:07 GMT
This might help:
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.5/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/package-summary.html#classpath?

St.Ack

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:03 PM, HAN LIU <hanl1@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have been fighting with this problem for a while now. Every time I try to run a mapreduce
job I get the 'cannot find quorum server from zoo.cfg' error. It would be nice if you can
suggest me a way out of it.
> Below is my setup:
>
> I am running HBase with 2 region servers. So in total there are three machines one for
master and two for region servers. I launch my mapreduce job from a 4th machine. The job grabs
data from somewhere in HDFS and insert them to an HTable created on the 3 machines for HBase.
I checked some resources and it seems that I need hbase-site.xml on my clients' CLASSPATH,
so I added 'export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=${HBSE_CONF_DIR}' to hadoop-env.sh but it didn't seem
to work. I also tried some other ways to add in classpaths but haven't got any luck so far.
In the end I have to hardcode the configuration into my java file to make it work, which is
very bad habit and makes my code much harder to maintain.