hbase-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hbase search
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2010 04:50:44 GMT
Hi Ilay,

HBase doesn't have built-in "search " functionality. Could you explain a
little more what you're trying to achieve? It may be that our "Filter"
system can do what you're looking for. Also, what latency do you expect for
these queries?

Probably the best bet is to change the MapReduce job to also create an index
table at the same time as it's importing the data. Then a very efficient
get/scan can find the data for you.

Thanks
-Todd

P.S. please use the user@ list for this, and don't cross-post to dev@. dev
should be for discussion of HBase development itself, not development on top
of hbase.

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera