hbase-user mailing list archives

From Akash Deep Shakya <akasha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: major differences with Cassandra
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 05:48:03 GMT
I studied Cassandra in detail and currently working in hbase. There are lots
of differences, yet similarities between Cassandra and HBase, for HBase data
model/arch, there are two articles from lars george which might be really
helpful to you,
http://www.larsgeorge.com/2009/10/hbase-architecture-101-storage.html
http://www.larsgeorge.com/2010/01/hbase-architecture-101-write-ahead-log.html

Have a great time with hbase

Regards
Akash Deep Shakya "OpenAK"
FOSS Nepal Community
akashakya at gmail dot com

~ Failure to prepare is preparing to fail ~