hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rob Marano <robmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Help on running HBase on Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:49:44 GMT
Hey Guys,

I am having a whopper of a major problem getting HBase v0.20.5 running on my
system, which is a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate running with 64-bit Java
v1.6.0_20, Hadoop v0.20.2, and Zookeeper v3.3.1.

Hadoop runs well.  Zookeeper runs well.  HBase seems to run well, but when I
issue the hbase shell command and run Hbase command status or help or
anything else, it hangs.  I got the same configuration to run well on my
Ubuntu Server 10.04 x64.

Has anyone gotten HBase to run on Windows?  I am trying to prototype my
upcoming new version of software to be based upon Hadoop, HBase and
Zookeeper.

So basically I am crying uncle and asking for some serious help!

Tia,
Rob
--
Arnold H. Glasow - "Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at
the right time."