hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Cockrill <jamie.cockr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secondary indexes in 0.89
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:37:49 GMT
Hi Todd,

Thanks for that, I'm a bit new to HBase at the minute, so I might
refrain from making any changes just yet, however, if I get some spare
time I may compare 0.20 and 0.89 and see what the functional
differences are. Ignoring the tests, the bulk of the issues appear to
be changed method/constructor signatures and the absence of
HLogSplitter. Also, the POM doesn't have hadoop or zookeeper as
dependencies, yet depends on their classes.

Thanks for the pointers. I'm only trialing HBase at the moment, so in
the short-term I guess down-grading is the only option! However, if we
do decide to go with HBase, I'll definitely look into seeing if it's
possible to make the required changes.

Jamie

PS, i'm working against hadoop 0.20.2 at the moment.