hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sean <seanatpur...@hotmail.com>
Subject Questions when reading HBase API
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:03:00 GMT

Hi, I have three questions in this thread :-)
First, I am reading HBase API and I understand most of my work, if not all, can be achieved
by simply using the following four packages.  Are these four for "users" and the rest are
for "developers"?
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.tableindexed
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.transactional org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter

Secondly, The following pacakges seem to be a list of alpah packages providing RESTful Web
service, do they provide same functionality (but in a RESTful interface) as the above 4 packages?org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.auth
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.client

(are the following package are the server side code implementing stargate functionality?)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.metrics
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.model
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.protobuf.generated
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.provider
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.provider.consumer
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.provider.producer
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.util

Last, can someone give a brief introduction of the following packages? I assume they are server
side operations which is not exposed to "users", is my guess correct?For example, can I directly
access info of MetaRegion as an HBase "user"?

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapred
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.metrics
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics.file
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.migration
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.migration.nineteen
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.migration.nineteen.io
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.migration.nineteen.onelab.filter
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.migration.nineteen.regionserver
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.transactional
Thanks,Sean