hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Avani" <agsha...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: viewing versions on hbase shell
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:59:53 GMT
Thanks, Ryan. Is it possible to also get the latest versions before a particular timestamp
on the shell , if I want to query older data ?
JG did provide me with the api call for the same - I need it for the shell as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Rawson [mailto:ryanobjc@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 8:50 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: viewing versions on hbase shell

Hey,

In the shell you can ask for more versions by saying:
get 'table', 'row', {COLUMN => 'family', VERSIONS => 4}

I believe you have to specify the COLUMN (as either 'family' or
'family:qualifier') if you want to specify VERSIONS.

As for versions via the API, there is only really 2 calls:
Scan.setMaxVersions(int)
Scan.setMaxVersions()

these set either the requested versions or the max the family can
store.  There is a similar call for Get.

PS: I just found 3 of your (unanswered) emails in my gmail spam
folder.  Sorry if it seems like no one is home - I know many of the
hbase devs use gmail, so it's possible your email address is confusing
things.

-ryan