hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Issue in transactional indexing?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:31:31 GMT

All,
HBase 20.3 (yes I know we need to upgrade)...

One of the developers was trying to write a set of records to a table in hbase that has a
transactional index (THBase)

In testing, they are writing records where the rowID  is based in part on a random number
between 1 and n, so that over time, the row in the base table is "updated".

We're noticing that in the index, a null value is being written to the index table which causes
subsequent scans to fail.
(Since this should be the row_id in the base table, this value should never be null.)

I'm curious if there is anyone who is using the transactional indexing and have come across
this issue?

Thx

-Mike