hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: how to specify filters in configuration
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:44:47 GMT

Ferdy,

I don't think you understand.

What you're asking for doesn't make sense.

Your filters could be built dynamically, so you code it once and based on the parameters passed
in, you build a filter and apply it to the scan.
Whether you pass in the parameters in a configuration file or from a GUI attached to the client
code doesn't matter.

Just a clarification ... I've seen some developers do this and its not a good practice...
You want to avoid putting job specific parameters in a hadoop config file.
Use the config file as a way to pass in cloud specific parameters that you want to override
and use a separate config file to pass in the application specific command line options or
use command line options.  (I'm sure someone is going to argue a counter point to this.)

But getting back to your point. You just need to write some dynamic code for your filters
and then you can pass in your column list to filter on as a parameter.

HTH

-Mike