hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Weird problem on one of my clouds...
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:13:57 GMT

Ok,

I didn't set this cloud up, one of my admins did based on the work I did for the other clouds.

When we start up hbase, it looks ok.
When I enter hbase shell, I get the shell prompt and when I enter status, I get that all region
servers are up.

When I type in list, I get a "10/06/01 13:09:56 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /10.8.239.185:60020
could not be reached after 1 tries, giving up."

Ok... when I try tools zk_dump I get the following:
 Region servers:
    - 127.0.0.1:60020
    - 10.8.239.89:60020
    - 127.0.0.1:60020
    - 10.8.239.87:60020
    - 10.8.239.95:60020
    - 127.0.0.1:60020
    - 10.8.239.93:60020
    - 10.8.239.91:60020
    - 127.0.0.1:60020
    - 127.0.0.1:60020
    - 127.0.0.1:60020

This doesn't make sense.
Why would some of my region servers show up saying that they are local hosts?
All of the servers have the same set of configuration files.

Thoughts?

Thx

-Mike