hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Puranik <vpura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trick to running hbase on ec2?
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:31:24 GMT
Oliver,

Here is our (GumGum's) configuration. Note that we have only one Zookeeper
node (on master) as recommended by Todd Lipcon in a previous thread.
Needless to say that the addresses are not the real addresses.

<configuration>
    <property>
        <name>hbase.rootdir</name>

<value>hdfs://domU-15-35-19-0B-DD-29.compute-1.internal:9000/hbase</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>hbase.master</name>
        <value>domU-15-35-19-0B-DD-29.compute-1.internal:60000</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
        <value>true</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
        <value>domU-15-35-19-0B-DD-29.compute-1.internal</value>
    </property>
</configuration>

We have never tried to connect to this hbase form our local machine. All the
HBase clients are in ec2 too. We specify internal ec2 addresses for
everything.

Regards,
Vaibhav
http://aws-musings.com