hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dead-lock at HTable flusCommits with multiple clients...
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:38:07 GMT
hey,

so you have discovered a particular 'trick' about how the HBase RPC
works... at the lowest level there is only 1 socket for every thread
to talk to all regionservers.  Thus if you are sending a large amount
of data to HBase you can see this bottlenecking.

It is highly likely there might be something interesting in the
HRegionServer logs, perhaps the regionserver is blocking because it's
trying to keep from being overrun (we ship with very conservative
defaults).  There was a recent thread about this too... the thread was
titled "ideas to improve throughput of the base writting".

-ryan