hbase-user mailing list archives

From Raghava Mutharaju <m.vijayaragh...@gmail.com>
Subject question on Filtering and checkAndPut()
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 08:47:01 GMT
Hi all,

     Can the following type of value filter be possible -- Within a row,
irrespective of the columns (qualifiers), the presence of a value should be
checked. If that value is present then the row along with all the columns
should be fetched.

SingleColumnValueFilter requires the we specify the name of the qualifier
but here I would like to check the value across all the qualifiers of the
row. ValueFilter can be used but it does not return all the columns if there
is a match - it only returns the matched column along with the row. So I
want something which is a mix of both. Is this possible?

Can someone please explain the functionality of checkAndPut() method in
HTable? I couldn't get it from the api doc. When I came across this method,
my guess was that it would check for duplicate values -- for the given (row,
family, qualifier) combination whether the given value is same as the value
mentioned in put (for the same combination).

Thank you.

Regards,
Raghava.