hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sean Bigdatafun <sean.bigdata...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help regarding HadoopDB
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 15:45:47 GMT
(My limited understanding is that HadoopDB is far from production-ready.
Correct me if I am wrong)

It uses M/R to build the index, and from thereon, it serves query from the
indexed data stored on PostgreSQL storage engine. I do not fully understand
how they provide a JDBC interface.

Put it in another way, it's a batch system just like Hive (but it
outperforms Hive because of the pre-built index).

But looks that its performance is far from satisfying.
http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~kmsalem/courses/CS848W10/presentations/Chalamalla-HadoopDB.pdf

Regards,
Sean