hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Weird problem on one of my clouds...
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:56:54 GMT
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok... when I try tools zk_dump I get the following:
>  Region servers:
>    - 127.0.0.1:60020
>    - 10.8.239.89:60020
>    - 127.0.0.1:60020
>    - 10.8.239.87:60020
>    - 10.8.239.95:60020
>    - 127.0.0.1:60020
>    - 10.8.239.93:60020
>    - 10.8.239.91:60020
>    - 127.0.0.1:60020
>    - 127.0.0.1:60020
>    - 127.0.0.1:60020
>

> This doesn't make sense.
> Why would some of my region servers show up saying that they are local hosts?

Because thats what its getting for its machine name.  See the head of
HRegionServer around #242 where it does this to figure out the whoami:

    machineName = DNS.getDefaultHost(
        conf.get("hbase.regionserver.dns.interface","default"),
        conf.get("hbase.regionserver.dns.nameserver","default"));

> All of the servers have the same set of configuration files.

If you look in the regionserver log, is it saying that its registered
on 127.0.0.1:60020?

St.Ack