hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBASE-2001 and ElasticSearch
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 17:09:28 GMT
Steven,

> From: Steven Noels
[...]
> We'll soon (2-3 weeks) be releasing a HBase table-backed
> WAL/queue implementation that binds HBase with SOLR for
> index updates in Lily, but is designed not to be Lily-
> specific or -dependent. I don't know if this is of
> any help for you, but it could be a robust way to
> asynchronously connect to ES (or any other indexing
> service) as well.

That sounds excellent!

I have recently been considering options for how to send updates to Solr over from HBase.
Something like what you describe would be an enormous head start. Would love to take a look.
If we can use it I would be happy to help you out with this, e.g. test, bug fix, enhance to
meet our use cases, etc.

Also, while I would appreciate the help on coprocessors that would come out of handling this
case, I presume your stuff is basically ready now and can drop in on top of an existing prod
HBase install without needing upgrade or patching.

   - Andy

> More info at http://www.slideshare.net/outerthought/learning-lessons-4426942 and
> http://lilycms.org/lily/prerelease/architecture.html
[...]