hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Anthony Ikeda" <Anthony.Ik...@cardlink.com.au>
Subject RE: Trying to get the region servers working....
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 05:55:29 GMT
Actually found the problem - bad pasting in vi! Doh!

<name>hbase.rootdir</name>
<value>hdfs://hdfs://svrh124:9000/hbase</value>

Looks good now. Going to test each server and make sure it's working.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Ikeda [mailto:Anthony.Ikeda@cardlink.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 3 June 2010 3:51 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: Trying to get the region servers working....

Okay, here's the situation. My Master is not starting. I think I'm
missing a setting:
2010-06-03 15:43:17,813 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster:
Can not start master
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
ccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
tructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1230)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1271)
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
        at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.jav
a:48)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.createSocketAddr(NetUtils.java:146)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.getAddress(NameNode.java
:156)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileS
ystem.java:81)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:1378)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:66)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:1390)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:192)
        ... 6 more

I'm just not sure which one.....