hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Improving HBase scanner
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 13:54:34 GMT
Are you waiting too long between invocations of next?  (i.e. > the
scanner lease period?)  Or, perhaps you are fetching too much in the
one go.  If you fetch 1000 at a time -- scanner caching -- and you
don't get the next batch within the scanner lease period, again you
will timeout.

St.Ack

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Michelan Arendse <michelan@addynamo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to know how configure HBase to improve the scanner fetching data from the
table or another method of using scanner, as my database is very large and scanner times out.