hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vidhy...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Configs for Hbase compaction switch...
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 14:06:52 GMT
I want to run some experiments with the major compactions turned off..

There are two parameters that I can see both of which have to be modified to turn major compactions
off (am I right here?).
hbase.hstore.compactionThreshold and hbase.hregion.majorcompaction...

But the config file's comments say that setting compactionThreshold to a high value may lead
to memory issues while compaction (because an entire Hfile will have to be logged)..

Another related parameter that I found was:
hbase.regionserver.thread.splitcompactcheckfrequency

The default value is 20000... Does this mean the check happens once every 20000 seconds?

Thank you
Vidhya