hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: survey: what is the current stable hadoop and hbase combination
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 18:51:42 GMT
>  In my test cluster of 6 machines and much lighter load, I actually don't
> run into this situation.

Are you overloading hbase on your larger cluster?  Is it swapping or
is mapreduce stealing i/o from datanodes such that hbase is struggling
(or stealing from zookeeper)?  Are you monitoring your cluster nodes?
Do the graphs tell anything interesting around failure times?

Last week, I did a deeper investigation and noticed
> that some of the blocks can't be read by hbase, and Todd looked into the
> log, saying it is because
> of the HDFS-445 bug not in my build. So I went ahead and patched the
> HDFS-445 in, after running several hours, another problem happens, this time
> I saw lots of other error.

What was it?

>  I wonder if any body can recommend a combination of hadoop /hbase
> distribution that can run stably in production environment, with heavy
> writing and light reading. If there are some configuration change that can
> help, it is appreciated too.

Use latest hadoop and hbase 0.20.3 (hbase 0.20.4 has a known issue --
0.20.5 should be out soon).

Tell us more about your loading pattern.
Thanks,
St.Ack