hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enabling Indexing in HBase
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 16:28:44 GMT
Yes, you can also create a HBaseConfiguration object and configure it
with those exact configs (that you then provide to HTable).

J-D

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 1:22 AM, Michelan Arendse <michelan@addynamo.com> wrote:
> Thank you. I have added the configuration folder to my client class path and it worked.
>
> Now I am faced with another issue, since this application will be used in ColdFusion
is there a way of making this work without having the configuration as part of the class path?

sessionTimeout=60000 watcher=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$ClientZKWatcher@12d15a9
>> 10/05/11 13:41:27 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Attempting connection to server localhost/127.0.0.1:2181
>> 10/05/11 13:41:28 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Exception closing session 0x0 to sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl@b0ce8f
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
>>        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>>        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)
>>        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:933)
>> 10/05/11 13:41:28 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Ignoring exception during shutdown input
>>
>> I'm working of a server and not standalone mode, where would I change a setting that
tells the "connectString" to point to the server instead of "localhost".