hbase-user mailing list archives

From George Stathis <gstat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OK to mix transactional tables with regular HTables?
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:25:24 GMT
Contrib transactional (org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.tableindexed), version
0.20.3 tag with this patch applied (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2426). I've been running on this
patch for over a week now and have not seen this warning until today, after
I introduced the regular HTable.

Well I just restarted the local pseudo-cluster and the warning did not
re-appear. So now I'm wondering if the warning was a by-product of
an inappropriate shutdown. Master and Zookeeper keep freezing if my laptop
goes into hibernation mode, so I usually have to kill the processes since
the regular shut down commands don't work. So I'm thinking that might be the
issue, although the warming was pointing to a transactional vs.
non-transactional log key discrepancy.

In any case, I don't want to suck people into a wild goose chance here. I'll
keep an eye on it. It might be that the patch is causing it although I doubt
it; it did not touch any of the log key classes.

I really just wanted to know whether transactional and non-transactional
tables could co-exist since the former requires
an org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.IndexedRegionInterface implementation to
work. I was not sure whether the two were compatible but it seems that they
are expected to be. Correct? If so, this answers my question.

-GS