hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tim Robertson <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple scanners on same table will cause problem? Scan results change among different tries.
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:13:31 GMT
Could you please post your code that is doing the scanning Steven?

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ok...
>
> This is something that I think we'll need input from a major contributor...
>
> It looks like there may be an issue with respect to row locking...
>
> I guess the questions to ask are:
>
> - How does HBase handle row level locking?
> -Concurrent reads/fetches of the same row?
>
> To be honest and fair, HBase is still an immature product when compared to databases
and there going to be some issues that need to be fleshed out.  (Lets see where we are in
20+ years ;-)

> I wish I knew more about the internals of HBase, but there are only so many hours in
the day and my wife forces me to work so I can keep up with her spending. ;-) (And if any
of you happen to ever meet her, please don't bring this up, she'll kill me. :-D   )