hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: General question regarding the hbase-site.xml file
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 13:23:52 GMT
Hi Senthil,

This property refers to the location in _HDFS_ where HBase will store the
table data.  This is completely separate from wherever you choose to unpack
the HBase .tar.gz distribution to on your machine.

If you are running a distributed setup, you will need to replace "localhost"
with the hostname of your Hadoop NameNode.  Otherwise, just leave it as is.

If you haven't already, please look at the Hadoop Quick Start (
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/quickstart.html) as well and
browse through the related HDFS documentation.

Hope this helps.
Gary