hbase-user mailing list archives

From Imran M Yousuf <imyou...@gmail.com>
Subject About test/production server configuration
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:52:00 GMT
Hi,

We are a startup who have decided to use HBase purely because we want
to take advantage of HDFS based reliability, redundancy, MapReduce and
BigTable. For that we are thinking to go for a test environment with 5
servers and production environment with 10 servers in both case the
Hadoop cluster will be used for HBase + MapReduce + Solr Index.

Firstly, I would like some opinion on whether 10 servers is a good
number for all 3 purposes or not. Secondly what kind of test
environment is currently in use in different organizations. Thirdly, I
would like to learn some server configuration and purchase price (with
purchase location if possible).

Waiting eagerly for some feedback.

Thank you,

--