hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Behaviour of filters within scans
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 05:41:03 GMT
Yes you are correct, filterRow() only offers the chance to reject the
row, editing the row was expected to be done in the filterKeyValue()
call.

The problem with the filter "interface" is it is highly tied to the
implementation, which is why things look perhaps a little weird and
not super generic. Previously the filter was expected to be run only
at the StoreScanner level, so that might explain a few things.

I think an additional edit call to allow a filter to have ultimate
last minute decision making on a row's worth of results might be
workable now.

I'd review such a patch.

-ryan