hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: how can I check the I/O influence HBase to HDFS
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:15:06 GMT
Can you explain more about what information you are trying to find out?

You had an existing HDFS and you want to measure the additional impact adding HBase is?  Is
that in terms of reads/writes/iops or data size?

If you have a steady-state set of metrics for HDFS w/o HBase, can you not just monitor those
metrics w/ HBase running and calculate the deltas?

Also, to what end are you trying to figure this out?  I'm very much interested in what courses
of actions you might take given the different information you could find out about HBase's
influence on your cluster.

JG