hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: About test/production server configuration
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:11:14 GMT
Imran,

It's impossible to give good advice on cluster size and hardware configuration without some
idea of the requirements.

How much data?  How will the data be queried?  What kind of load do you expect?  You are going
to be doing offline batch/MapReduce, online random access, as well as search all from the
same nodes?  This can be dangerous.

I would strongly recommend against putting Hadoop+HBase on the same nodes as something like
Solr, unless you have dedicated disks for each.  Also, don't forget about ZooKeeper which
you definitely will need separate nodes/disks for if you will be co-locating so many other
things.

JG