hbase-user mailing list archives

From HadoopNoob <kat.herd...@gmail.com>
Subject Cloudera desktop
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:51:28 GMT

Hey folks,

I am a grad student at the Univ of Texas – Austin doing some research into
Cloudera Desktop. I have very little technical background so I’m trying to
find out what actual Hadoop users think.

It seems that main benefits of Cloudera Desktop are in convenience (a gui
over the regular Hadoop console). If you could redesign it from ground up,
what are some major functions that you would like to see a Hadoop management
console serve?

I know that some of the Cloudera people post here also. Please don't take
offense to this - I promise I'm not trying to disparage anyone!

Thanks in advance for comments!

Jim