hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is NotServingRegionException really an Exception?
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:47:08 GMT
NotServingRegionException is a normal part of operations when regions
transition (ie due to splits).  It's how the region server signals back to
the client that it needs to re-lookup the region location in .META. (which
is normally cached in memory by the client, so can become stale).

I'm sure it can also show up as a symptom of other problems, but if you're
not seeing any other issues, then it's nothing to be concerned about.