hbase-user mailing list archives

From Clint Morgan <clint.mor...@troove.net>
Subject Re: IndexedTable puts removing index rows for updated timestamped values?
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:25:39 GMT
Def not the expected behavior and does not sound like user error..
Quick skim looks likk its
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2286.

Hbase does not gracefully handle the case where a put after a delete
both have the same millisecond timestamp. Indexing table contrib was
using this pattern to maintain indexes. Above jira works around it.

NOTE: Current patch has a bug in it where if you delete only an
"additionalColumn" in the base table, then it does not get deleted in
the index. I'll put a fix for that up shortly.