hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Falk <pe...@bugsoft.nu>
Subject Re: Problems with region server OOME
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:44:45 GMT
Thanks Andrew, Edward, Jonathan for the help. I will try to increase RAM and
try the compressed oops suggestion.

As I said, we are running data nodes and region servers on all nodes. Also,
we are running the name node and master on one of these four, secondary name
node on two of them, and zoo keepers on the two other. We tried to save RAM
for the file cache in the system, to improve data node performance. There
are currently about 3 - 4 GB os file cache on the nodes, except on the one
running master and name node where it is less. Any thoughts about the size
of the file cache for such nodes?

Regarding the type of rows/columns, the biggest table and the one that also
is most used, has few columns but large cells (about 5 kB in average). This
table is also LZO compressed.

BTW, is there any way to debug or log each find/mutate operation that is
performed by the cluster? Even with DEBUG log level on master and region
server, it does not seem to exist any such log message.

Thanks again,
Peter