hbase-user mailing list archives

From y_823...@tsmc.com
Subject Re: The correct way to increase HBase clients
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 03:40:37 GMT
It seems there is only one connection in a process, no matter how many
HTabele instance you created in thread.
Is it correct? So these clients in a one process can't run in parallel.

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
707-6128
y_823910@tsmc.com
週一無肉日吃素救地球(Meat Free Monday Taiwan)

                      saint.ack@gmail.c

                      om                       To:      hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org

                      Sent by:                 cc:      (bcc: Y_823910/TSMC)

                      saint.ack@gmail.c        Subject: Re: The correct way to increase HBase
clients
                      om

                      2010/03/17 11:25

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      hbase-user

2010/3/16  <y_823910@tsmc.com>:
> Hi,
>
> We want to start 100 HBase clients to fetch data from HBase concurrently.
> There are 20 machines, each machine has one AP with 5 multithread hbase
> clients
> or create 5 individual ?process will be correct?

Either works?  If 5 clients in the one vm, they'll share location
data.  If separate they'll not contend.

> And any ways that I can check the count connecting to HBase.

We don't emit that kinda of data.   We don't keep up a client session
such that we might uniquely identify connecting clients either.  Can
you have your clients do a fixed amount of work and then have them
emit at the end yes or no if they completed their allotment?

St.Ack

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended