hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: region server appearing twice on HBase Master page
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:48:03 GMT

> Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:08:34 -0800
> Subject: Re: region server appearing twice on HBase Master page
> From: stack@duboce.net
> To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
>
> I just applied hbase-2174 to branch and trunk.
> St.Ack
>
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans
> <jdcryans@apache.org> wrote:
> > Bringing the discussion in hbase-user
> >
> > That usually happens after a DNS hiccup. There's a fix for that in
> >
> > J-D

Hey!
The patch appears to be working, but can anyone give any more information on what could be
causing the DNS 'hiccup'?

I mean is it that there is an inconsistency between two different DNS servers?
Is it a difference between /etc/hosts and the DNS service?
Does IPV6 have any impact on this? (Seems we have IPV6 turned on but its not being used.)
When we shut off IPV6 and rebooted, HBase wouldn't come up, we reversed the changes and could
come up.

Thx

-Mike

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469226/direct/01/