hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Weird HBase Shell issue with count
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 06:48:27 GMT

Unfortunately I can't up the ulimit easily. :-( I'll have to get an admin to do that.

I did update the xceivers and set it to 2048 based on something I saw.
But I'm losing my zookeeper on the node. Getting an IO error.
I had the handler count high at 50 but reset it back down to 25 (default value)

>From what I've read, I definitely will move the zookeeper nodes when I can find additional
machines to add to the cluster.

Again any input welcome.

Thx

-Mike

> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:30:27 -0800
> Subject: Re: Weird HBase Shell issue with count
> From: stack@duboce.net
> To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
>
> Oh, you've read the 'getting started' and the hbase requirements where
> it specifies upping ulimit and xceivers in your cluster?
> St.Ack
>
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> > Is DEBUG enabled in the log4j.properties that the client can see?  If
> > not, enable it.  If so, can you see the regions loading as the count
> > progresses?  Which region does it stop at?  Can you try to do a get on
> > its startkey?  Does it work?
> >
> > St.Ack
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Michael Segel
> > <michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Ok,
> >>
> >> Still trying to track down some issues.
> >>
> >> I opened up an hbase shell and decided to use count  to count the number of
rows in a table.

> >> As it was running, count was flying along until it hit 150,000 then stopped.
> >> Just stood there, nothing.
> >>
> >> I started to check the other nodes in the cloud to see what is happening and
the load on the data nodes, which are also region servers jumped up, where one 1 node jumped
up to 2.71 ... other nodes saw some jump but again it doesn't make sense why the count suddenly
died.