hbase-user mailing list archives

From <victor.h...@nokia.com>
Subject Re: Stargate response strange
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:27:49 GMT
Jonathan,
Thank you for the explanation. It makes all the sense.
Victor

On 3/25/10 11:21 AM, "ext Jonathan Gray" <jgray@facebook.com> wrote:

Victor,

Rows, column qualifiers, and values are all byte[] in HBase.  Since they can be any binary
(but you cannot just put any binary data into XML or other formats) they must be encoded in
some way.  Base64 is a common way to represent binary data in ASCII.

JG